At Churcher & Tribbeck, we appreciate that every grieving process is complex and different. Some families may not find a traditional funeral service necessary for saying goodbye to their loved one.
A direct cremation is a dignified and understated solution, taking place without service or mourners. This offers an affordable yet respectful way to say goodbye, whilst avoiding the typical expenses incurred with bespoke funerals. Direct cremations allow you the freedom to say goodbye to the deceased on your own terms, without being tied to a ceremony.
Direct Cremation Services
Although the cremation occurs without service or guests, this has no impact on the care and attention shown by our funeral directors. We will always treat the deceased with the utmost respect and dignity, regardless of their funeral arrangements. Due to the simple nature of this service chapel visits are not included but in most circumstances we are able to offer chapel visits for an additional fee.
Our direct cremation services include:
- The services of a fully trained funeral director
- Collection of the deceased within a 20-mile radius of our chapel of rest during normal working hours.
- A dignified resting place until the day of cremation
- Provision of a simple coffin
- Transportation of the deceased to a crematorium in our estate car
- Disbursement costs – this includes any doctor’s fees for cremation paperwork
- All necessary legal and administrative arrangements
- Cremation walk-through fee
Churcher & Tribbeck are proud members of the NAFD, meaning you can expect the highest standards of care and professionalism from us. We are a true family-run business with a 200-year legacy, having been operating throughout the communities of Gosport, Stubbington and Fareham for generations. We pride ourselves on our personalised and compassionate approach to grief and it is our privilege to guide families through this sensitive time.
If you’d like to see more about our direct cremations package click here.
To enquire about our direct cremations service or to simply talk through your options with one of our empathetic team, contact us today.